Hazard Mitigation Plan Survey
The Concord Hazard Mitigation Committee is updating the City’s 2022 Hazard Mitigation Plan and needs public input regarding severe weather events and hazard prevention.
Please fill out the following short survey to assist in getting community voices represented in the 2022 Hazard Mitigation Plan. Your input is greatly appreciated!
Survey link: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/ConcordHazMitNH.
View the City's calendar for dates of upcoming meetings.
Emergency Management InformationThe City Manager serves as the Emergency Management Director for the City of Concord. He is assisted in this duty by the Fire Chief, who serves as the Emergency Management Coordinator. The duties of Emergency Management include:
- Working closely with the State Division of Homeland Security and Emergency Management to coordinate preparedness, response, and recovery activities for disasters that affect the City.
- Providing training and resources to the leadership team and employees of the City to assure that they are prepared to take effective action during an emergency.
- Reviewing and updating hazard mitigation and emergency operations plans to reflect changing conditions and emerging trends.
- Participating in training exercises with other City departments and with other agencies from throughout the state and region to assure a well-coordinated response to major emergencies.
- Participating with the Capital Area Public Health Network to be prepared for public health emergencies, including infectious disease epidemics and mass sheltering in times of disaster.
- Educating our citizens through social media, print and electronic news sources, live presentations, and other means on how to prepare for and respond to a disaster.
- Maintaining a Community Emergency Response Team of citizens who understand how to prepare for a disaster and how to assist their neighbors and their community in preparation and response.