- Your Government
- Finance and Purchasing
- Treasury / Collections
- Automobile & Boat Registrations
Automobile & Boat Registrations
Automobile Registration Process Summary
The registration process has two steps:
- The first fee is paid to one’s place of residence or where the vehicle is housed.
Concord, or Penacook, NH residents pay this fee to the City of Concord.
- The second fee is paid to the
State of New Hampshire – Department of Safety – Division of Motor Vehicle
The City of Concord is now a Municipal Agent of the State of NH, which means you can now do most transactions completely at City Hall, with one check, saving a trip to the DMV. There is a $3.00 agent fee, per registration, for these transactions.
In our frequently asked questions, we have attempted to answer the most commonly asked questions and explain the many facets of the process of automobile registration. This information is designed to help citizens better understand their relationship with city government and the services it provides. The information is not intended to be complete or specific to all individual circumstances. Please navigate our frequently asked questions and if you still have a question, please contact us.
The City of Concord can process boat registrations effective April 1, 2021
New boat registrations and renewals can be processed in the Collections Office at 41 Green Street during regular business hours for residents and non-residents.
Please do not mail boat renewals to the City Post Office Box.
- Where is City Hall?
- Where do I process the State portion?
- How can I renew my vehicle?
- What do I need to bring to the City to register a vehicle I just purchased?
- How do I renew my registration?
- How do I renew my registration if moving from another city/town in New Hampshire?
- How do I register my vehicle if moving from another State?
- How do I register my vehicle if my business is new to the City of Concord?
- When do I renew my registration?
- What do I need to bring to the State?
- Are the same fees collected throughout the State?
- What is the difference between a new, renewal, or transfer registration?
- What is the State fee?
- What is the City fee?