How do I register my vehicle if moving from another State?
If you are moving in from another state, please provide us with your original title (for vehicles who’s model years are 2000 or newer). If your title is held by a lien holder you will need your current registration, name and address of lien holder, and the current mileage on the vehicle.

For vehicles with a model year of 1999 or older you will need the out of state registration, and ONE of the following documents:

A. A valid title from any state.
B. A State of NH verification of VIN form (Form 19A) completed by the appropriate agency - NH law enforcement officer, NH State Inspection station, or NH dealer. This form verifies the vehicle identification for the vehicle and is available at City Hall.

You must have a Photo ID: A valid Driver's License, passport, or Military ID

You will also need two of the following:

Signed lease agreement, utility bill, bank account, payroll check, or signed letter from the person you are living with.

Show All Answers

1. Where is City Hall?
2. Where do I process the State portion?
3. How can I renew my vehicle?
4. What do I need to bring to the City to register a vehicle I just purchased?
5. How do I renew my registration?
6. How do I renew my registration if moving from another city/town in New Hampshire?
7. How do I register my vehicle if moving from another State?
8. How do I register my vehicle if my business is new to the City of Concord?
9. When do I renew my registration?
10. What do I need to bring to the State?
11. Are the same fees collected throughout the State?
12. What is the difference between a new, renewal, or transfer registration?
13. What is the State fee?
14. What is the City fee?
15. Is the permit fee the only fee?
16. My company changed its name. Do I need to re-register?
17. When will my registration expire?
18. Can I transfer my spouse's car to my name?
19. If I lease a vehicle, what is different with the registration process?
20. I am buying a car out of state. How do I register a car I do not have possession of yet?
21. I am moving out of Concord to another NH city or town. Is my registration valid?
22. How do I change my mailing address?
23. Can I receive a refund?
24. I never went to the State to complete my registration AND/OR a vehicle was never put on the road. Can I receive a refund?
25. What forms of payment do you accept?
26. Can I use a bill pay check to pay for my registration?
27. Do I need to sign my registration?