Food Truck Information
During the May 2022 City Council meeting, the City established a program expanding the areas where food trucks and mobile food service vendors can operate, as well as approving a new program which makes operating a food truck or mobile food service establishment more viable within the City of Concord. Permits are available on an annual or per diem basis.
Rules for Mobile Food Service Vendors/Food Trucks
Effective May 9, 2022
- All food trucks or mobile food service vendors shall hold a valid City of Concord food service license and peddler license while operating within City limits.
- Food trucks or mobile food service vendors shall only operate in non-residentially zoned neighborhoods.
- Allowable hours of operation for food trucks or mobile food service vendors shall be from 8 a.m. to 9 p.m. unless otherwise specified by the Health and Licensing Officer.
- All food trucks or mobile food service vendors shall be staffed with at least one member who is ServSafe Food Protection Manager Certified, or other ANSI certified course, per the FDA Food Code requirements.
- If occupying a parking space or otherwise operating independently of a licensed special event, food trucks or mobile food service vendors may only park in legal parallel parking spaces and shall serve to the sidewalk.
- Food trucks or mobile food service vendors wishing to operate in a metered or time-limited parallel parking space shall be required to secure a parking encumbrance permit from the Police Department and shall display such permit in their vehicle throughout the duration of their operations in the space.
- Food truck or mobile food service vendors shall sign up on the Food Truck Calendar at the Code Administration Office, 35 Green Street, not less than one week in advance of their desired date of operation. No vendor may sign up for more than three consecutive dates at a time.
- Food truck or mobile food service vendors shall not operate outside of reserved calendar dates and times unless affiliated with a licensed Special Event.
- Food trucks or mobile food service vendors shall be fully self-contained, and shall not rely on an external generator to operate their facility nor idle their vehicles for longer than 5 minutes.
- The City reserves the right to limit the number of food trucks and parking spaces at which food trucks and mobile food service vendors are permitted.
- Food truck or mobile food service vendors shall be subject to applicable City fees.
- All food trucks shall comply with City of Concord Code of Ordinances, including Article 15-8, Peddlers (attached)
- The City reserves the authority to amend or modify these rules at any point.