Get a Library Card
The most important card in your wallet - free for Concord and Penacook residents, property owners and teachers.
You can apply at the Service Desk or at the Children's Desk for a library card. Plan your visit by reading the library’s reopening guidelines. You can also print and fill out a paper application ahead of time and bring it to the Service Desk with the required documents that are listed on each application.
- Child (PDF) - through age 12
- Adult & Young Adult (PDF) - ages 13 and up
- Non-resident (PDF) - because CPL is funded by the taxpayers of Concord, non-resident cards have an associated cost. Please see below for more details.
- Non-resident who owns Concord property (PDF) - Patrons who own property in Concord but do not reside in Concord are eligible for CPL cards at no cost. Please see the application for more details.
- Teachers (PDF) - available for all Concord and Penacook teachers. Proof of employment is required; please ask at the Service Desk for more details.
- Letter to Concord businesses (PDF) - guidelines are outlined in this letter
- Concord business card (PDF) - for Concord businesses. Please read the "Letter to Concord businesses" above before filling out this application.
Virtual Library Card Sign-up
If you don't want to visit the library in-person at this time you can sign up for a virtual library card! Sign up online using the link below.
1) Fill out the form at this link. You must be a Concord or Penacook resident.
2) One of our librarians will email you your card information. Your card will be good for sixty days. When you are ready to visit the library in-person, come in with your photo ID and proof of Concord residence to pick up your library card.
3) Enjoy all of our wonderful online resources and our curbside service option for books, movies, music, and more!
The fees for non-resident cards are below.
- Full year membership: $100
- Six-month membership: $55
- Senior citizen (65 and up) membership for a full year: $85
- Senior citizen membership for six months: $45
Change of information
If any of your information (email address, phone number, etc.) changes while you have a CPL card, please update your information with the Service Desk. If your physical address changes, please bring in a piece of mail from your new address in order to update your card.
Save your library card barcode to your phone
If you prefer not to have multiple cards in your wallet, you can save an image of your library card barcode on your phone. A black and white photo of the card’s barcode will function to check things out.
Alternatively, apps are available in the various app stores for free that will save card barcodes for you. Please check out your app store for more details.
Contact the Service Desk at 603-225-8670.