Some City facilities are open to the public as of July 13.

New Hampshire residents can also dial 2-1-1 for assistance.

A downloadable document with a list of City contacts is available HERE.

Residents are strongly encouraged to continue using online services whenever possible. View a list here:

The mail slot in front door of City Hall (41 Green Street) can still be utilized for the following:

The following items are available in the Code Administration Lobby (37 Green Street):

  • Building & Trades Permits
  • Building Plans / Reviews
  • Health & Licensing Applications
  • Zoning Board of Adjustment Applications
  • Sign Permit Applications
  • Planning Board Applications

Facial coverings will be required to enter the buildings. If you do not have one, one will be provided. City staff will be wearing facial coverings. Other protective measures include sneeze guards, hand sanitizer, social distancing, a limited number of people in the building, and increased sanitization in all facilities.


At City Hall, guests will enter through the front door, and exit through the side door (handicap accessible access). Business hours will be 8 a.m. to 4:30 pm. Monday through Friday; to access the City Clerk’s office from 4:30 to 6 p.m. on Thursdays, call (603) 225-8500. The Collections Office will be open by appointment only on Thursdays from 4:30 to 6 p.m.

An employee will greet guests in front of City Hall, ask them a series of health screening questions, and coordinate the number of people accessing the Assessing, Collections, and City Clerk’s Office at any given time to ensure appropriate social distancing (everything will be moved inside in the event of inclement weather). Other City Hall departments on the second and third floor will be accessible for walk in customer service after checking in with greeter.

We are utilizing an electronic queuing system for the first floor offices to get guests in and out as efficiently as possible. Please note the average wait time could be 30 minutes or more. Guests will be called by the greeter via the phone number provided when it is their turn. It is strongly suggested customers utilize online payment options for motor vehicle renewals and payment of city taxes and billings.

The Code Administration office will also be open from 7:30 a.m. to 4 p.m. Monday through Friday beginning on July 13.

Helpful Information & Links From These Offices:

  • Property Assessment Records: The City of Concord does require that you log in to view property records.  Please keep this log-in and password information recorded as it will be required each time that you log in. Real Estate Agents and residents requiring Property Record Cards can contact the Assessing office at 603-225-8550 or by email at
  • Tax Maps can be viewed online.
  • Property Inspections: Interior inspections have recommenced with new protocols in place for social distancing. We will be in contact with property owners who will need interior or exterior inspections on their property. Property owners can contact us at or leave a message by phone at (603) 225-8550.
  • Vital Records can be ordered through the City Clerk’s Office via mail or online for any vital record event that has taken place in the State of New Hampshire.
  • Building Inspections: As long as construction proceeds, field inspections will continue for all non-habitable areas. We will be evaluating/inspecting habitable structures on a case-by-case basis. Please have the tradesman or contractor contact Code Administration at (603) 225-8580 or to schedule their inspection. We are also considering accepting photos for certain inspections as well as FaceTime phone inspections.
  • Building and Trades permits: Permit applications are available in the entrance foyer of the Code Administration office located at 37 Green Street, Concord, NH as well as the City of Concord website. All permit applications and forms are available for download here: Building and Trades Permit applications will be accepted via email, mail or drop box outside the Code Administration Office.
  • Building plan / reviews: Will be accepted via email (for initial review), mail or drop box outside Code Administration Office. If necessary, we will meet individuals by appointment only to go over plan questions; please contact the department at 603.225.8580.
  • Health & Licensing: Applications are available online and can be dropped off as above. Or call (603) 225-8580 to discuss options. Plan reviews for new licenses may be submitted via email. Routine food service inspections are suspended until normal operations resume. Site visits and pre-opening inspections may be scheduled on a case-by-case basis. Contact the Health Officer to schedule an inspection if needed. An update from the FDA regarding food questions and the coronavirus outbreak can be found HERE. Information on reopening for restaurants.
  • Zoning: Zoning Board of Adjustment Applications are available online or by email and must be mailed or dropped off at the Code Administration Office. Payment is due at time of submission and must be paid by check at this time. Please coordinate with the Zoning Administrator prior to dropping of application and fees. For additional information please call 225-8580 or e-mail, We are reviewing complaints and continuing to follow-up with ongoing cases.
  • Sign Permit Applications are available online and in the Code Administration lobby. Sign Permit Applications must be submitted, in duplicate with all supporting documents, by mail or deposited in the drop box in the Code Administration lobby. The fee must be paid by check at the time of submission or, if you are unsure of the fee we will calculate the fee and contact you for payment. For additional information please call (603) 225-8580 or e-mail,
  • Car Registrations: Renewal of car registrations can be processed:
  • Newly purchased vehicle registration and title transfers: call the Collections Office for specific instructions. Note: this could be a multi-step process. Boat registrations: not available at this time. Implementation has been put on hold.
  • Tax payments: acceptable methods of payment:
    • Online via our website:
    • US Mail – (Checks or certified funds only, postmark dates will be honored as the date of payment)
      City of Concord
      41 Green Street
      Concord NH 03301
    • City Hall mail slot at front door (Checks or certified funds only).

Questions about vehicle registration or tax payments should be directed to the Collections Office at or (603) 225-8540. Staff are available 8 a.m.-4:30 p.m. Monday-Friday and until 6 p.m. on Thursdays.

  • Engineering Permits can be submitted as follows:
    • (Preferred) Electronically in pdf format. E-mailed to
    • Mailed to City Hall, 41 Green Street Concord NH, 03301, "Attention City Engineering Office"
    • Delivered and inserted into drop box at City Hall Front Entrance
    • Payment for permits shall be for the full amount, check only (no cash), include a printed copy of the permit. Please include all required information and paperwork (Plans, Certificate of Insurance, etc.) at the time of submission.
  • Street Excavation Permits: Permit applications and the regulations are available on the Engineering page of the City’s website at . Permit applications must be received a minimum of four days prior to the proposed excavation.
  • Planning Board Submissions: To file Planning Board submissions including site plans, subdivision plans, etc. please submit applications electronically to Hard copies of applications may be dropped off in one of the drop boxes at City Hall. For any other planning related business or questions, please contact the Planning Division at or 603-225-8515.
  • Trail Guides can be downloaded at or you may send us a check for $7.00 made out to the City of Concord and we will mail one to you, or leave a check in the drop box provided at City Hall.


Concord Fire Department’s Headquarters and Concord Police Department’s lobby will continue to be closed to the public at this time.

For emergencies, call 9-1-1. If you are a victim of domestic violence in need of assistance, please call New Hampshire’s statewide domestic violence hotline at (866) 644-3574.

To report a non-emergency to the Concord Police Department, ask a question about parking, make a delivery or register as a sex offender, please call (603) 225-8600. Cash payments for parking tickets can be made via the drop box outside City Hall. They can also be paid online:

Anyone looking to obtain a fire permit can do so here: note that the issuing of permits is weather-dependent.


Visitors are no longer required to make an appointment. Office hours are 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday through Friday. Visitors are required to wear a mask or facial covering, or one will be provided for them. Social distancing of 6 feet should be maintained. Hand sanitizing stations are available in the administration and water billing lobbies. Sneeze guards have been installed and staff is practicing increased sanitization. Before entering the building, perform a self-screening for COVID-19. Do NOT enter the building if you answer yes to any of the following questions:

  1. Have you had any of the following symptoms in the past 72 hours without using fever reducing medication, including fever, cough, or shortness of breath?
  2. Have you had contact with anyone confirmed to have COVID-19 or the symptoms listed above in the last 14 calendar days?
  3. Have you returned from international or domestic commercial travel (plane, train, or bus) within the last 14 days?

If you answer yes to any of the questions above, please instead call the office at (603) 228-2737, send an email to, or utilize online services at Utility bills can still be paid online, by phone, by mail, or in our drop box outside the office (visit for details). Concerns and work requests can be reported online at

  • The RV Waste Station at 125 Hall Street is no longer available by appointment and is closed due to site construction until approximately October.
  • Sustainable Tree Program: We have temporarily suspended the Sustainable Tree Program.
  • PAYT Bag Program: Concord residents with curbside trash collection will be required to use purple pay-as-you-throw (PAYT) trash bags as of Monday, June 22. Find more information about the City’s solid waste services at

CONCORD HUMAN SERVICES (28 Commercial Street)

Concord Human Services is open to the public as of Monday, July 13. Office hours are 8:30 a.m. to 4 p.m. Monday through Friday – except Wednesday, when hours are 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. Visitors are required to wear a mask or facial covering, or one will be provided for them. Social distancing of 6 feet should be maintained. A hand sanitizing station is available in the entryway. Before entering the building, perform a self-screening for COVID-19. Do NOT enter the building if you answer yes to any of the following questions: 

  • Have you had any of the following symptoms in the past 72 hours without using fever reducing medication, including fever, cough, or shortness of breath?                
  • Have you had contact with anyone confirmed to have COVID-19 or the symptoms listed above in the last 14 calendar days?
  •  Have you returned from international or domestic commercial travel (plane, train, or bus) within the last 14 days? 

If you answer yes to any of the questions above, please instead call the office at (603) 225-8575, or send an email to


The City Wide Community Center will continue to be open for appointments Monday through Friday from 9 a.m. until Noon and 5 to 7 p.m. To schedule an appointment, please send an email to and a member of our staff will respond with 1 business day. Additional updates will be shared at as they become available.

As of Monday, June 15, there is no longer a restriction on the number of guests that can attend a graveside service. We strongly recommend that guests wear masks while attending services. Social distancing from cemetery staff is required. Social distancing among guests is strongly suggested.

Pall bearers, family and/or funeral directors will transport the casket to the grave site, if applicable. Guests must leave the burial site immediately after the service is complete before cemetery staff returns to lower the casket.

The chapel is available for services. Masks are required inside the chapel except when speaking from the podium. The maximum number of guests in the chapel is 35.

The office building will remain closed to visitors. Appointments can be made to meet with the Administrator outside the office. Masks are required. The restrooms at the office remain closed to the public. Please contact the Cemetery Administrator for any questions or clarifications at or (603) 225-3911. Thank you for your continued support.


Visiting the Library: 

Curbside Service: 

EVERETT ARENA (15 Loudon Road)

The Douglas N. Everett Arena will soon be reopening and hosting a couple of shows, followed by the return of ice rink operations in September.  

The Everett Arena closed in March when COVID-19 started to surface. Most events from this season were cancelled, with only two rescheduling to later in the summer. With other businesses in New Hampshire reopening, the arena started the process to safely reopen too, in accordance with all CDC, State of New Hampshire, and City of Concord guidelines.  

The first show to be held will be the Little Giant Comics “Old School” Comic Show on Saturday, August 22 from 10 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. The event will feature a variety of old school comic books, original comic art, and comic book artists. Admission will be $15 at the door, or purchase VIP passes on Little Giant Comics’ website for $25 for special goodies and to enter the event an hour early. 

Then on Sunday, August 23 will be Bridal Bargain Day from Noon to 3 p.m., hosted by New England Premier Events. The event will include discounts on wedding dresses, décor, paper goods, jewelry, and other wedding related items. Admission will be $15 at the door, or purchase tickets on Eventbrite for $10 General Admission and $20 Early Bird Admission (11 a.m. entry). 

“We have been closely monitoring when we should reopen and we’re excited to finally do so,” stated Jeff Bardwell, Arena & Properties Manager. “Some things may be a little different than what people are used to, but we are prepared to provide a safe space for the community to enjoy a couple of shows.” 

Special precautions will be taken in the interest of public safety, including: operating at less than 50% occupancy, requiring the use of masks or facial coverings upon entering the building, guests completing a risk screening, practicing social distancing with floor markings and modified event layouts, providing hand sanitizing stations throughout the facility, increasing cleaning and disinfection, improving the ventilation and air quality with MERV 13 filtration and increased outdoor air circulation (based on recommendations from the CDC and American Society of Heating, Air-Conditioning, and Refrigeration Engineers), and also closing the front entrance to improve traffic flow by utilizing only the side door to enter and exit the building. 

“We ask the community to please follow our new guidelines so that we can keep all guests, vendors, and employees safe,” said Bardwell. “We want to provide some much-needed local entertainment while keeping public safety as the first priority.”
The arena will be converted back to ice rink operations after the shows and starting back up on September 8. Safety precautions will still be in place at the arena with possible modifications for the ice season. More information will be released soon.

Find more information about upcoming events and the ice season at

Other Websites with Information & Resources:

Information on COVID-19 from the Greater Concord Chamber of Commerce

Resources for dealing with coronavirus in our community (Greater Concord Chamber of Commerce)

Intown Concord COVID-19 Community Resources

Comcast COVID-19 Response Information